Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We all love a mince and cheese pie, well, a proper kiwi does anyway :o)

I was thinking at lunch, what would be the perfect beer to accompany a good ol mince and cheese pie with tomato sauce?? What do you drink with your pie?

And please dont tell me Tui to go with a Tui pie and some Tuimato sauce on it... Even tho Tuimato sauce is pretty tasty...

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No pics jt...Hard to beat while watching the wort cool, a Maketu topped with m' darlings' sauce and a pint from the kegerator....Mmmmmm Yum Yum!!!
I thought a watched wort never cools. I always turn my back.
I thought a watched wort never boils - but that wouldn't be a good time to turn your back
I watched wort never boils and an unwatched wort always boils over.

Lose-lose situation.
For real kiwi ask Dan, he gets fed cheese on toast when tinkering in the brewery .. suprised he doesn't get those baked cheese roll ups that the deep south are famous for.

If you wanna good pie you've got to make your own though, really ....
Absolutely, the wife makes an awesome steak and kidney pie, mushy peas on the side now that's a slice of fried gold!
The old argument as to what goes best with a curry has raged forever. Of course the UK curry houses serve lager and opinions range from that through chilled wines etc etc. But many years ago someone told me that the best thing to accompany a curry was a good ballsy stout - but whereas you might normally drink it at a cool room temperature, with curry it needs to be chilled. Since then I have never had curry with anything else and it goes an absolute treat. The last one I think I had with Coopers Best Extra Stout. What have you guys found does the trick best?
Cheers,
Ian
Complete abstinance from curry ... substitute you curry cravings with Twisted Hop IPA !
Thought I'd get that one in for Kempy ..
dammit was just gonna write that!
Abstain from everything! Drink only TWISTED HOP IPA! Made by Angels, tastes like heaven!
Man cannot live by beer alone...or can he?
He can certainly try. Depends on the beer?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service