Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We all love a mince and cheese pie, well, a proper kiwi does anyway :o)

I was thinking at lunch, what would be the perfect beer to accompany a good ol mince and cheese pie with tomato sauce?? What do you drink with your pie?

And please dont tell me Tui to go with a Tui pie and some Tuimato sauce on it... Even tho Tuimato sauce is pretty tasty...

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are eating a maggot pack from the servo, then you deserve to drink Tuis.

If you are taking about a gourmet pie, then I drink them with any good beer, usually a pilsner or lager.
Lets go half way and say a bakery pie, from a decent non msg bakery :o)
Twisted Hop IPA
No namby pamby food & beer matching here - it all goes together like chalk & cheese
I normally start with the lightest for the first pint and work my way up.
How thirsty I am by the time food is served determines what I'm drinking with the food being served
Good lad! i totally agree, food and beer matching is a necessary conceit to appease the restaurateur….I drink what I feel like and I feel like….TWISTED HOP IPA!
So it's .. TWISTED HOP IPA! .. the perfect accompaniamnet to ANY food !
TWISTED HOP IPA is the new black!
Could it now be classified as a food group in it's own right and claim it's place in the food pyramid ?
definitely at the bottom of the pyramid!
And I'm off there for lunch now! Twisted Hop IPA it is! It makes you look skinny! It reduces carbon emissions!* It's the new Green! Twisted Hop IPA!

*Your mileage may vary
have 5 for me! it's sooooooo good! can you ask them what hops and what IBU's?
Cascade & Chinook, didn't ask for IBU but I reckon around 40 odd. Mmmm, and it was bloody good!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service