Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooooooh ... this is one smooove beer.

Hydrometer sample tonght @1.009 and not bitter to taste, a little after-bite. but it has flavour rather than bitterness

A wee spicyness from the Mot that Jo alluded to, but not too much, not too much of anything

I wasn't sure about it being so smooth so dry hopped with hops in the same ratio so 20g Cascade and 10gm Hallertau & Mot.

Keg Tuesday, ready to condition or the Northy's for the long weekend
Wheat beer 2 weeks in the bottle....not enough time ! no carbonation....SHEEEEEIIIITTTT....
Clay Davis Wheat... Love it!!!
Two weeks should be enough for carbonation. What temp are you storing your bottles at?
Around 21. Just stored in the garage. Opened another and it was carbonated?

And it tasted fricken good !
Must have been a dud bottle, not sealed properly or maybe you forgot to prime that bottle.

And it tasted fricken good !
Good on ya, that's what home brewing is all about.
Last night at Galbraiths with Steph & Jonny & friends:

The obligatory Pint o'Bobs on arrival. Not on as stellar form as it has been, but still an awesome drop. Felt a bit weird drinking it out of the dimpled mugs.

Yeastie Boys Return To Magenta. Now there's lovely. Nice aroma but a lovely balanced palate. Fruitiness from the yeast balanced out by grippy hopps. Could have drunk more than the 2 I had but the keg ran out. Not sure if that was the first or last keg either.

Grafton Porter. Been a while since I had any and for some reason it didn't fire off anything amazing in my memory. Nice beer, nothing awesome. Must go back and spend some more time evaluating,

Bitter & Twisted. Again felt odd drinking it out of a dimpled mug. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Beer was as good as always, lovely orange marmalade character.

Great to catch up with folks again. Good beer, good times.
shame you didn't have the Bellringers - the pick of the bunch at the moment (imo)
Emersons Brewers Reserve Hop Harvest last night. Gorgeous
reading "Wild Brews" and drinking Duchesse De Bourgogne. getting very inspired....
Last night:
A barrel aged Epic Armageddon at the Malthouse. Fabulous beer. The extra age and the wood smooth it out tons and really make it a different beer. On sampling mine a friend commented that if he hadn't known he wouldn't have recognized it as Armageddon. The usual huge hop aroma was there, but now it was a second layer underneath the soft, oaky, vanilla-y front.

Yeastie Boys Return to Magenta. I'm normally not a fan of Belgian yeast, but this one has it just right. The hops balance out and cut the fruitiness of the yeast so that there's just enough for me to enjoy it. Long, lingering bitterness. Another great beer.

Today:
My own Beast of Burden robust porter batch #3. About five weeks in the bottle now I reckon it's nearing its best. 60IBU with lots of Citrussy aroma and big roasty flavours from a complex malt bill.

The first bottle of my Snooty Llama Imperial IPA. Wonderful. Not quite as much hop aroma as I'd been aiming for but beyond that it's darn near perfect. Can't believe a beer this big (9.5%ABV) tastes so good 4.5 weeks after brewing.
A Coopers of course - followed by the North Welly Porter. Michael, have you tried this yet ?

Just off to get a hoppy Mot Brown Ale and contemplate the brew tomorrow ...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service