Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Found an old bottle of my Motueka Alt Mk I, man, what an awesome beer!! Makes me remember why I tried to rebrew it, Mk II was nothing like this unfortunately, this is smooth, malty, a decent bitterness with a crisp dry finish! Yum!!!

Also, love logging on and seeing my gorgeous wife on the home page!! Im so proud ;o) lol
haha, that IS cool! Congratulations mate!
Hmmm

Had a taste of my Saison last night and am a bit concerned with how dry it is, and I mean, DRY!!! It got down to 1001, and when you sip it, its like its there up front and within a split second disappears into nothing, no mouthfeel, a slight lingering bitterness but barely! Sorta reminds me of a dry as cider...

Im hoping that a couple of weeks at 4*c will subdue all the phenols and bring the beer together a bit better, but if not I definately wont be winning any prizes!! Cant wait to see what the 3711 has done to my 1070 beer, it better not be that dry ;oP lol - Martin, how much brett did you put in there? haha
Actually, I'm a bit concerned about my Saison too - it appears to have dumbed-down over a couple of weeks in the keg. I'm hoping it's just sorting itself out in time to come good at the compo but I'm not confident.

Yeah, mine fermented out to 1.004 and you got the 2nd generation (which is always more attenuative in my book) so 1.001 isn't too surprising. It will be an interesting WBC for sure.
Had couple of Mike's beers last night:

- Belgian Blonde (Mike's Case Swap beer)
Lovely beer, very well made. A little more wheat than the other Belgian Blondes I've had, but no complaints. I'm really liking Belgian Blondes at the moment and plan on brewing one as soon as the temps in my house allow me to ferment below 20c

- Sour Cherry Saison with brett
Poured with purple lumps that had me worried for a moment. After realising it probably just the fruit I strained it and continued. There was so much going on in that beer that become difficult to assess so I gave up and just drank it. Cherries, hops, brett, yeast. Very nice.

- 100% brett pale ale
JEZZUZ!!! A lesson in brett. The brett totally dominated the beer and was in my face all the way. Not something I'd drink a lot of but I now know exactly what brett brings to a beer and that I like it.

I learned so much from drinking those beers without having to brew and drink 20L of them.

Cheers Mike.
I'm really liking Belgian Blondes at the moment and plan on brewing one as soon as the temps in my house allow me to ferment below 20c

I wouldnt worry about this to much, Try adding your usual pitch of yeast to the beer with no Yeast Nutrient, Pitch it around 19deg and let it rise off that, but try do it in a room that is relitvly cool, maybee in a bath? I doubt the beer would get above 24 deg, and I reacon that fermentation profile for Ardeness is perfect!! Also here is another tip dont drink it till it is atleast 2-3 months old so so much better!!
I have a couple of brews in the planning stages a the moment, Belgian Blonde will have to wait until after the next wyeast order. But I do plan on taking your advice and starting at 18c and raising it to 22c over a week though.

2-3 months! That'll be tough.
My son's Blues Brews and BBQs was on Saturday. My 3 kegs went down well. Details attached:

Scooter brought along a sample of the Mata breweries new 'Brown Boy' described as '4 Malt Amber Ale Infused with Horopito'. Very nice.
Attachments:
Looks awesome Pilgrim! Your son is a lucky man!!
Thanks Rev.

My son told everyone that I was one of his best mates, so I guess I'm lucky too. Mind you it wasn't always that way ;-)
Busted out a bottle of Martins Anniversary day Porter Mk II, 6 months in the bottle and it is tasting awesome!! It poured with a massive moussie head which faded to a 1 finger head after more than 5 minutes and has lasted me to the end of the glass!! Heaps of chocolate on the nose, followed by a liquid chocolate hit on the palate which drys out quickly with subtle hints of roast!! Yum!!!

Cheers Martin, if you have any left I suggest you try one ;o)
Oooh, not sure if I do - I'll have to examine the library stocks! If there is any left then I know what's getting entered into the NHC this year ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service