Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good old Regional Wines and Spirits and Geoff Griggs. My Friday adventure was thanks to one of the best tastings they have had for a while. The 666 were brewed especially for it. I can't wait til they are available.

Forgot to mention I finished the eve with PKB and a curry. Perfect. I think I might have to detox for a while.
I can't wait to move to Wellington, I'll be in beer heaven.

What a great tasting session.
You're right! It was a very good week for beer! My week was very similar. Minus the JP '07 and the Fullers.
It was great meeting you and others at the PKB launch, although after my 5th or 6th pint of the 6% Porters things get a bit hazy.
Another new beer this week, JP '09 was interesting. A bit harsh. Would like to try after a year or two.
The Regionals tasting was awesome, trying 4 unreleased beers is a great night in anyone's books. I'm drinking the last of a rigger of Renaissance MPA as I write in fact.
If only every week was this beery.
Since Sunday night, 3 family dinners at my place as my little brother (and sister in-law) are moving to Adelaide.
On tap: Irish Red ale that 2 out of 3 judges gave high accolades to (curse you Luke); Mild Ale; NZ Draught - Yeah Right; APA - first use of US hops in over a year, oh how I've missed you.

Special guest appearances by Reviled's Bourbon Porter (oh-my-god-jaw-dropping amazing); Emersons "cherry bomb" JP 2008 (a decidedly interesting pint); and Pink Elephant Imperious Rushin Stowt 2007 - I love you Roger Pink and I want to have your babies. Smoky, autolysised up the wazzoo but at the same time thick and velvety and bloody delicious, the ultimate nightcap and bon voyage to a much loved brother/uncle embarking on a new adventure.

Throw in a magnum of Lansom, 2 beef fillets and lots of other tasty goodies and you have 3 days of quality family time.

Cheers.
OK Reviled - i want some of this Bourbon Porter!

I've stashed some of that Imperious away for a later date.

I've been drinking loads of Tuatara (IPA, Helles, Ardennes) Bookbinder and OLD 95 as my kegs are dry (well there is still some IRA but I'm not very happy with it). Oh and Dux de Lux Strong Pale Ale.

And have been really enjoying Brew on Quay - anyone there with me is forced to drink Epic or Tuatara Pilsener.

My wife is sold on Epic Lager (Lukes tasting paid off at the Western Brewers Conf.) - we've been through 4 x 4 packs this week!
"My wife is sold on Epic Lager (Lukes tasting paid off at the Western Brewers Conf.) - we've been through 4 x 4 packs this week!"

Thats awesome news!!! Luke, can you do my mrs next :oP bahaha
Three Boys Oyster Stout on handpump...I'd love to try a few more of the NZ craftbeers served this way, it was great

Emerson's Hoppy Porter and new mild. Both very nice. I've got a stupid cold so I can't give much by way of tasting notes
Last night Barry came round to mine so I could borrow his mill, and Tyler came round so we could both taste his Pliny clone. Beers consumed:

My own Mild from my own handpump - the beer engine really does improve the mouthfeel, much more creamy. Still some happy experimenting to be done in terms of getting carbonation levels right etc.

Tasty APA - this beer has seriously converted me to layered American hops. I'm loving it, really loving it. I will certainly brew this again. And again. And again. Joking would reckon it didn't have enough hops tho! Only 120g in the whole batch.

Tyler's Pliny clone - goddammit that's fine beer! Woah mama there's some hops in there. $70 worth, Tyler reckons. Worth every cent.

Pliny the Elder - side by side with the young pretender and......Well, maybe my palate was getting tired by then, but I reckon Tyler's beer edged it. This Pliny was nowhere near as good as the last bottle I drank about a month ago. Real signs of oxidation - fat caramel almost overpowering the hops. The legendary balance seemed shot. I'd better drink my last remaining bottle soon.

A nice night. Shame I stayed up with more Mild to watch the Origin game. Slightly jaded today.
at least the maroons won!
boooo the cockroaches
Who cares about the footy? When is PKB going on at Brew on Quay? ;)

But, boo the toads.
Not sure about about BoQ - but Galbraiths have one on order.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service