Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lager??? Whats that?
Got to www.dictionary.com mike! :)
Sassy Red ?
"Sassy Red ?"

Eh???
Does the yeast define the beer ?
depends what beer it is...

Almost every beer I can think of is defined by one to four of four things: water, malt, hops, yeast. I'd say 4 is very uncommon. 2-3 is common and the best beers are probably around the three mark. One is... well, one-dimensional, but pretty rare (barring infections and the like).

Think of something like DAB... the water really definies this beer but the malt and hops play a nice supporting role.
A good Burton-style IPA might only be able to be defined by all four in harmony.
Epic Pale Ale has hops dominate but the malt plays a strong second fiddle to ensure it is anything but one dimensional. Water and yeast are pretty neutral.
Yeastie Boys Plan K - the hops and yeast clashed a little early on and the malt got lost, latterly the yeast and malt dominated in a nice balance with the hops playing a more subdued role. Water doesn't really feature.

As you can probably tell I'm bored...
If you're bored you should be working on Plan N, O or P by now.... :)
hey, we're doing it:
* Plan N(erdherder) - summer release - is ready to brew.
* Plan PKB (remixed) - a special, between seasons release - should be hitting taps and beer engines from tomorrow...
Did I just walk in on some bizzare Sesame Street thing ?

I'm going B, B is for Beer right now and it's C, C for Chilled and it's D, D for Damned hoppy
Just found it!! it's our Best in Class winner Speights Distinction Ale.
Townshend NTA (bottle) @ The Malthouse - stellar! Mad props indeed.
Just needs to move up to the warmer fridge Colin.
Done. Now sitting at a lovely 9 degrees Stu.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service