Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Sorry for jacking everyones threads and going off topic.

Feel free to jack this thread - or use this thread if there is someone pissing you off because they just jacked your thread.

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Speaking of west coast beers, has anyone dared try that Monteiths West Coast Pale Ale? I want to try it cos of the name, but know that I will probably be disappointed?
It's not that bad. Knowing your taste for hops you'll probably be disappointed though!
Not super hoppy, but you can taste hops for sure.
It won't be particularly fresh by now though, I think it's being specialed off in most places. Didn't sell that well. The 4 packs were priced higher than standard Monteiths 6r's
I had some when it first came out... there wasn't enough hop flavour to cover up the acetyldehyde in my 4 pack - bit of a bummer. It was probably too fresh - or green perhaps.
Tru that, cheers guys, I know to avoid :o) lol
I had some monster a couple of hours ago, then rode my bike to the local. It's a DB establishment. Had to meet a few work mates there for a drink up. I rode my bike back home too.

I could only handle 1 jug of export and 1 jug of tui before I got a migraine. I had a G & T then fucked off. "On your Bike".

G & T is damn good in trying times. Bombay it was - would have prefered it if they gave me Seagers. Oh Well.
Went out for dinner with the famz tonight.

Monteith's Black - It's meh, not bad, just meh, reminds me of weak milo.

Monteith's Pils - Actually not too bad, bearable but wouldn't buy again.

Goldwater Sauv - fucking mean as I reckon, should've just been drinking this from the start.
Wine aye?

Good for you bro!
What are you smoking? Tanq 10 > Tanq > Bombay > Seagers > mostthings.

Note for gin nerds, only including easily available gin, never mind that crazy dutch and belgian stuff.

Also, Invercargill WASP is amazing. If you've not yet had it in its honey incarnation, do so. Now. Chop chop.
I had some Jenever a few years back. I remember it being very sweet - I hade de oude jenever and de younge jenever. I get them for my Dutch Grandfather as a nostalgic type gift. Damned expensive.

I was disapointed when I saw the barman poring from the Bombay bottle. I'm a simple man - and the exquisite flavour of Bombay is best enjoyed on the rocks - not with a bottle of cheap "Signature Range" tonic water. This establishment wasn't flash enough to serve decent beer - what makes you think they would have anything as flash as Tanqueray 10?
Nice one Greig. Quite topical for me...
We had a 4% session beer taste-off last week: WASP v Paradox. The Paradox was one of those harsh oxidised bottles, so it was no competition, but the WASP was actually tasting pretty good. I'm not a honey beer guy (I've honestly never tasted a beer with honey in it that I've liked - and I've tried a few) but this really was pretty bloody good.

For those not in the know - Invercargill have dropped the Kristalweizen WASP and renamed their honeybeer (nee Alpine) under that name.

I still think the Paradox, in form, could well be on the way to becoming a classic (but please don't taste it after a 7% American IPA fellas - have it at lunch - or breakfast). Keep plugging way Renaissance, you're on the right track.
What is this IPA you speak of Stu? One from your callar - or something for all of us to enjoy?
It's the one you guys are all brewing.... when you're not brewing the 10% one!!!

I don't cellar American IPAs - hops are best fresh.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service