Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dunno mate, mine turn out fine....just like lion red.....
And you win medals with that lion red.... that reminds me who are the judges this year?
hahaha if lion red is now an imperial stout i guess so....
... it's just amazing what you can do with marmite Kempicus! :-p
Marmite? i used toe jam....
I thought they were all supposed to taste like malted cider? I never got anything different, same reason I moved to grain brewing. Think of all the poor guys and girls who don't realise you can make real beer at home and turn away from brewing when their kit brews taste the shit.

I think my nanobrewery has an infection. The last few beers I've made have this sourness to them. But it's a weird sourness. There's no off aromas that I can detect. None of the sourness flavours either. No visual signs of infection in the fermenter. Not enough carbonation to be overcarbonated. Just a clean sourness on the sour taste buds. Any ideas? Something in the water? Maybe the 5.2 buffer I've been adding? Star-san? Equipment?
I'll tell you what mate...

Come to Hallertau with them tomorrow, and I'll get my crew of detectives onto it...
Aw that sucks.

Can't comment on most of the possibilities you mention. Except that I've been using Starsan for a while now and haven't had any problems. Have you checked your SS/water ratio? Converting from American I get 1.6ml to 1L.
Yeah I got that ratio too, I'm making up 0.8mL/500mL. I wouldn't think it would be the starsan.

I'm looking at the 5Stars 5.2 buffer actually, maybe something to do with us having quite soft water so it's not working that flash. I've got a SB brewing at the moment with some gypsum in it, that will be interesting to see if it has the same thing going on.

Cheers for the offer Joking, am real keen to take you up on that but can't make it out tomorrow night. How much longer are you in AK for? We should get together somewhere for a pint or three. I owe you a couple bottles of this IPA too, even though it has the offending slight sourness :-P
Not for to much longer mate - things will be pretty full on from tomorrow though. Our piss up is at 4pm at Hallertau 'till whenever - you can come along to that if you like... the more the merrier!

P.S Having no car sucks the big one!
Youve got a motorbike :oP Youre just scared lol
Give me a break, bro - if the cops get me I'm in some serious trouble!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service