Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not really after a mega crystal flavour, I hate overly sweet beers.. I like the idea of throwing some wheat in there, might freshen it up a bit..

Jo - I guess youre right I shouldnt be worried, I guess its cos I havnt ever dry hopped more than 30g total before, im keen to give southern cross a go cos ive heard good things but you know how it is, surely youve had reserves before using a new hop?? I mean, what if its like Nelson Sauvin :oP lol
Maybe use 20g of SC and 40 of Cascade - or something like that.

Dry hopping is an extremely effective form of getting flavour into the brew - it is hard to stuff it up. Most Californian beers (Pale Ales) allocate 50% of the total hop bill to dry hopping - so that should give you some idea of how much is enough.
Hmmm, I like the sound of 40,20, that would be kick ass!!

And holy shit, 50% for dry hopping, thats crazy stuff! Allthough, youre telling me to dry hop 60g, and ive only got 64g going into the kettle, so maybe youre crazy?? :oP lol
Then your 5% crystal's too much, go the 2.5% then, maybe even pale crystal, caramalt or carahell if you have it instead
ive got some CaraMunich, thats slightly lighter? Ill drop it down to 120g ish :o)
Is that I II or III ?
They're roughly 80 110 or 140 EBC
Um, I think from memory its II, so maybe a tad dark then..
Nah, it'll be fine @ 2.5%
Sweet cheers bud :o)
Just went and got some more US Cascade, last packet at Tiffs was so happy cos it was hidden, rummaging through the NZ cascade packets like there was no tomorrow, and then I saw it! Yussss lol

I also picked up some Motueka, never used it before cos ive never been able to get it, what are they like? Heard good things about them, what should I expect?

Cheers :o)
Lucky bastard.... I have to search for anything but GreenBullet and Pacific Gem....

Maybe a slight exaggeration
lol you should have seen me panicking when I thought all they had was NZ :oP ROFL

Have you used Motueka James?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service