Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dry hopped mine quite heavily with US hops. I was judging the event with Luke and Albrecht, so my entry didn't count... but it's fair to say that it "could" have been a contender (not to take anything away from the winner).

I can't remember how much I used in the end, but I just used Cascade and Amarillo... and a bit of Simcoe... It all worked pretty well.
Jacko I reckon give it a go, I just finished drinking a red IPA which was dry hopped to hell and was absolutely awesome ;o)
Malty red's work well.

American Amber (especially on the high end of the style) is probably my favourite style. Big malt and big hops, can't beat it.
Thumbs up. Monk's Habit on a good day is about as good as it gets. Love the alcohol and citrus... give it a bit of a 'screwdriver' or 'greyhound' character. Get some peachy esters in there and you're going down the 'hairy navel' track ;-)
Bro website is looking good Jo!! Nice work ;o)
THANKS MATE!
ok sounds like it could be a goer then. I'll decide which hop today but possibly fuggles or Motueka, 25g.
if only i had seen this last week! :-(
I thought maybe I can make something out of this recipe. I 'borrowed' heavily from a number of different recipes with stuff from the vendors I like to use. Do you guys reckon this will taste ok?

5.4 kg Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner Malt
23 gm Baird's Medium Crystal 150 ebc
23 gm Thomas Fawcett Oat Malt
.5 kg Belgian Candi Sugar
60 Min 20gm NZ Saaz
30 Min 10gm NZ Saaz
15 Min 20gm Fuggles
0 Min 10gm Fuggles

US-05

Maybe a different yeast would be more appropriate?
Yeah Defiantly!! Will taste good with some Unibroue Yeast. You want some I have 200mls of the stuff!!
Are you in the Welly area?
Yip Upper Hutt.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service