Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We all love a mince and cheese pie, well, a proper kiwi does anyway :o)

I was thinking at lunch, what would be the perfect beer to accompany a good ol mince and cheese pie with tomato sauce?? What do you drink with your pie?

And please dont tell me Tui to go with a Tui pie and some Tuimato sauce on it... Even tho Tuimato sauce is pretty tasty...

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ive heard good things about Chinook, but its getting hard to find I think...
I have a very high ratio of phhhhhtttttttttttttttttt per litre
Just had an Epic pale ale with a homemade very savoury risotto and it was spot on. Reckon that would work really well with a PROPER pie too!
Cheers,
Ian
Pitch Black, with a Pitch Black pie.
We had them for lunch when we brewed PKB (but with the PKB trial rather than Pitch Black). It's made with a pitch black reduction... feel free to lay a slice of cheese on top if that is what you want.
So it seems a pie goes with any beer? :o) What a versatile food...
More like any beer goes with everything :0)
Probably APA for me. I'm not the master of pairing though.

Nothing wrong with servo pies, great for those early Sunday mornings when none of your poncy 'gourmet', organic, ten-dollar-butter-chicken-pies, gluten-free bakeries are open :-P

Anyways, steak and cheese is better.
Its funny when you go overseas, even aussie, and ask for a Mince and Cheese pie, and they say they dont even know what the hell youre talking about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Then proceed to sell you a "beef and onion" pie which in turn, is actually just a mince and cheese pie :o) hahaha

And americans only put fruit and chocolate in pies, no meat!!! WTF?!?!
Pork Pie is the best!
BP used to actually have primo pies, but recently theyve started to lack excessively :o(

I think if I had to choose a particular beer style to go with it would have to be a Pale Ale...
Yea, but try finding a decent one eh ?
A decent BP, pie or pale?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service