Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anyone got tips on this stuff (Magi-fine 300)

I've tried it a few times now and doesn't seem to do much.

Mixed about 1 gm in about 200mL water. Added to cold (10C) beer. Left a couple days. Kegged. Still cloudy.

Wort is pretty clear leaving kettle. Doesn't seem to be any infection or anything.

Views: 688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JamesP cheers for the link, just went and got a PH meter from dicksmiths, having a play with it now, its quite confusing :o/
Sweet, can be no more confusing than Engrish instructions in flat pack furniture....

I have lodged an application with the Minister of Finance for funding for one, currently waiting for the outcome of said funding application.... unfortunately that is on top of the applications for grain mill, new brew shed, new brew stand (like DGs one!), and a boys weekend away..... and we are in a recession remember!
Yea ?
You haven't been able to get a ph reading of your coffee yet ...
lol, im lucky cos Nicoles into fish and has two tanks and is constantly stuffing around with the PH so it wasnt hard to convince her she needed one ;o)

I havnt been able to play yet, quoting so many break rates, just quoted some poor sod $18k to break his mortgage!!! OUCH!
Damn instructions making things more confusing than they actually are, this thing is a piece of piss to use lol, PH of our filtered tap water at work is 6.8 if anyone cares :oP lol

A quick question, can I just use PH down stuff that Nicole uses in her fish tank? Or do I need to use citric acid or something?
Would you drink your fish water?
lol no way! So I guess thats a no then, whats the best thing to get PH down?
Hey, you could wizz those fish up in a blender for finings ?????
Bahaha, mash finings addition :o) lol
Heaps of stuff can be used I believe, lactic, tartaric, citric acids, gypsum will too. All give a lower pH but probably a different impact on flavour. I've seen a few articles around that go into good detail on the subject.
Malt is the best thing to use to get the pH down.
Cloudy beer and a slight acidic-ness in my beers, pretty much since I swapped from 1.25tsp gypsum to 5.2buffer. Gonna drop the 5.2 on the next batch and see what happens.

Might pick up a pH meter tonight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service