Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trying my hardest to keep the stocks up but failling miserably so heres Wed brew

50% Munich II
40% Kolsch
6% Caramunich II
4% Global Light Caramel

66 Deg Mash

100g Nugget @ 15
100g Nugget @ 0
200g Nugget after 4 Days

S05 Yeast @ 16deg

1.065 - 1.016 6.4%
50 IBU

I just gave the nugget the rub and smell test and it's all orange citrus and spice I reacon this will be spot on with all the sweet malt!!
Hellz yeah. What's this for? 40Liters? Thats a lot of hops!
20L bro Dry hops are 100g before being gelatinized for 4 days and another 100g before being Kegged for 6 days. Than crashed and carbed
Yowser! Save some of that for Santa...

Is it Firestone who basically put all their hops in the last 10min?
No it's an idiot from out Upper Hutt.
Shit this beer is RUBBISH, ran out of nugget so I added about 130g of Galaxy as the dry hop over a few days man I wish I didnt do that!! Galaxy is crap and I now remember why I hadnt used the rest of it, because its 1 grassy fucker!!
Personally I find Galaxy gives me an earthy slightly spicyness with passionfruit dominating, I havnt really picked up on a grassyness to it...

I reckon its just.......... Dear I say it........... Too much hops? Or maybe too much nugget? Ive never used nugget late so cant comment on it myself
Opps got this wrong!! it aint rubbish, I should of given it the benefit of the doubt and trusted my insticts and recipe before classing it rubbish.
I told you :oP lol, do I get a free bottle now? haha
Yip its that time for swapping again!! Im at hallertau from 2pm on the 16th Jan. This time im getting there earlyier as last time I could only have 1!! Now I can try all the wares!!
Well got my Hela Bock yeast today and the bastard thing was swollen, FUCK!! Im going to have to brew this weekend again!!

Helles Bells

90% Kolsch
10% Melanoidin

20IBU of Sauvin

Pitched @ 7 Risen to 11 for 2 weeks or how ever long

Hmmmm what to do with that perfect yeast cake????
Im going to have to brew this weekend again!!

Such a hard life isnt it ;o)

Do a doppelbock with the yeast cake, a big massive one!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service