Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stephen Plowman at Hallertau. He brews a winning beer from the SOBA NHC each year (well, this is the second one - he did a bock last year).
Jimmy Kempicus!!!!
Nah they didnt brew Kempicus because the no one would by his beer by the pint!!
They have a special award now for the beer that gets brewed. I'm not sure how it gets selected.
It'd be pretty difficult on Steve P if a 13.3% brett-infused Barley Wine picked up first place. I know the triple decoction bock was probably a bit difficult too.
From memory (maybe a bit rusty) the award was changed for practical purposes to be the best commercially brewable beer rather than the best beer. This was because the winning beer was a Russian Imperial Stout.
That guys a genius he could do it, but again I just dont know if people would be lining up for pints of the stuff.
nice one...
Mikes beers arrived on my doorstep at lunch :o) 13.3% barley wine (honestly Wtf?? This is stronger than wine lol) and a NZIIPA, first thing I noticed was the brilliant clarity on the IIPA Mike, it was beautifull, even through the brown PET!!!

Cheers, I think ill crack the BW with my new flatmate once were all settled into our new place!
Nah crack it tonight!! along with the IIPA!!
lol, nah ill let it settle first, plus I dont think id be in to work tomorrow if I polished it off myself ;o)
Bad Practice, Shabby Technique Brown Ale (batch 655, the Kid Choc - I'm guessing?). Very nice. Fruity, malty, mild, slightly tart in that S04 way... imminiently sessionable.

And sweet sweet carrots that JT's rabbit didn't get to first.
Yes it was Stu. The KC recipe that you posted here, with some substitutions. I haven't tried the bottle conditioned myself - I might do that tomorrow - but the keg is half gone in short time.

It's one of the few imported recipes that I'm going to repeat / tweak in a long time - so 659, Pukie Too - this weekend - but up the caramalt / med crystal to 10%

cheers, jt

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service