Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's how we drink'em up in the Northern Hills Stu, unlike 2 which was more how the sweet-toothed seaside boys drink their ales

Ot in otherwords - I tinkered with the recipe - and to be honest my palette couldn't distinguish the difference between them several kegs apart anyway
Last night I had my final 2 bottles from the first Beerstore American order - Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA (last bottle of 2) and Pliny the Elder (last bottle of 3).

The FW beer had not held up all that well - lots of confected crystal in there, overwhelming what was left of the hops. Not all that impressive really, but my own fault for not drinking it sooner.

The Pliny, on the other hand, was still a damn good drop. Still a good whiff of hops on the nose. The sweetness was big on the first taste but the bitterness came rushing in to linger and cleanse. This bottle was actually better than the 2nd one of my 3 which I drank about a month ago. Maybe a little batch variation?

Right, onto the next delivery now...
Wow... Stone Old Guardian. Just... WOW!
True aye. I was seriosly considering getting the rest of the stock... but then I just convinced myself that I can brew it myself.

I will brew this.
Damn I wanted to keep my one looks like it will be gone by the end of the week!! Damn tasty beers and my will to taste them!!
Oh well... I'll still brew it - but sorry Greig, your chances of getting some more of this vintage is slim:

5 Stone Old Guardian - (650ml Bottle x 1) $17.88 $89.40
1 BrewDog Punk IPA - (330ml Bottle x 1)
1 BrewDog Riptide - (330ml Bottle x 1) $
1 Smokin Bishop 2009 - (640ml Bottle x 1)
1 Pink Elephant Imperious Rushin Stowt - (330ml Bottle x 1)
1 Three Boys Oyster Stout - (500ml Bottle x 1)
1 Rochefort Trappistes 8 - (330ml Bottle x 1)
1 Boon Kriek - (375ml Bottle x 1)
you'll wish you got pkb instead of the dawgs...
Please don't say that, just got a Punk IPA with my latest order.

Still have one PKB left from my original PKB sizer I bought.

Also Deschute's Obsidian Stout, SN Celebration Ale, Flying Dog Gonzo Porter.
Brew dog is the most over rated beer on the market!! If any thing you will which you subbed them with St. Bernardus Abt 12 now thats a beer!!
I drunk the Punk IPA on friday night after pints of Maximus and Armageddon and those 2 wiped the floor of the Punk IPA, Honestly!!
I've been dying to try the Brew Dog for over a year now... I've read all the bad press - but I'm still willing to contribute to their cause.

As far as PKB goes - there'll be plenty at beervana - so I'm reserving my buds for the kegged stuff: it's always my serving of preference for beers like this.

Appologies for stealing the rest of the Old Guardian - but this is one of the best beers that I've had in my life... I couldn't let them go. don;t worry though Stu - there'll be a bottle sitting next to Fullers Vintage '05 and '06. I also have a 750 of Whitecliffs (Mikes Mild) Whisky Barrel Aged Porter for you to try when you come climb the mountain. It weighs in at over 11%abv - and is out of this world (IMHO).
Dirty b'stard! ;) It's OK. I'm not convinced it will age well anyway.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service