Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hahaha, a mill slut you say? lol, probably :oP

Nah just jumped on the opportunity, afer pricing up a mill landed through craftbrewer for $459?!?!?!?! I couldnt say no to $250 for a monster!

But of course ill still come up for the odd tipple ;o)
Got back from the Gold Coast yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the family resort we were staying at in Surfers had beers from the Burleigh Heads brewery. I drank their Duke Pale Ale on a regular basis and found it a very drinkable drop. A fairly decent Pale Ale. Didn't try their lager or low carb beer - I didn't want to push my luck.

On our second day we drove out to Mt Tamborine (thanks for the recommend Tyler) and visited the Mt Tamborine brewery. A really good setup there - good food, good beer, good cheese and well set up for the tourist trade. I had a sampler tray of 4 of their beers, plus also tried their Belgian brune.
Black Cockatoo (schwarzbier) was a bit roasty but very tasty.
Moderation Pale Ale was a revelation for only 3.3%. Loads of flavour.
Mountain Best Bitter claimed to be an ESB but was more hoppy than style. Bloody lovely though, probably my favourite beer.
Yippy IPA was a nicely hopped up beast

I picked up a takeaway dozen so with that and the Duke Pale Ale at the resort I didn't have to drink too much megaswill. Not a drop of XXXX passed my lips all week!

So I got back last night to find 2 fermenters which had dropped to 9 degrees (!!) and unsurprisingly no fermentation action, so they're warming up and will hopefully finish off in time for me to bottle for the competition at the weekend.

I'm working down in Hamilton during the week now, so hoping for an RCC visit tomorrow night.

My email access is a bit flaky while I'm down here so don't expect rapid responses if you're looking for me.
Good that you got to Tamborine, but I note you didnt make it to Eagle heights which is just down the road.. :o(

Oh well, gives you an excuse to go back! I tried all 5 Eagle Heights beers, and all of the beers at Tamborine.. Needless to say sitting in the car on the way back to the gold coast was not fun ;-/ haha
Eagle Heights was shut - only opens Thurs-Sun and we were there on a Wednesday.
Hmm, didnt know that, bit of a bummer.. Oh well, next time eh :o)
got to do a random vertical tasting on Old 95 last night. A buddy and I rocked into Suite bar and after a few bottles we ordered another 2 x Old 95. We noticed a difference in colour straight away. Looking at the bottles, one was a 2008 and one a 2007 vintage. The 2008 bottle was certainly a nicer drink - the 2007 having oxidised a bit (is this the correct term?)

Then into some Ngahere Gold. Yum.
Emerson's Old Cascade from Regionals - deliciously aged.

About to head down to Bar Edward from some Twisted Hop Challenger on the "Stu McKinlay" handpump.
Im on the last legs of my Pliny clone and its almost sweet its lost that much bitterness, the malt flavours are really coming through more which probably explains it.. I know the kegs gonna blow at any moment :o(

Moved on to one of Stus home brews, a Belgian done with achouffe and chimay yeast and its pretty good! Maybe a bit too much banana on the nose, but a nice toasty malt flavour and a good bitterness! Cheers :o)
Hey Rev, that beer was almost 100% cooper's extract, just a litle sugar to thin it out. I made it for my bro as a first trial on the conical I purchased off Kempicus.
Im still dirty on that conical!!
Mr Cherrys Pink Panther Raspberry wheat beer!! Hey kept it quite!! Absolutly inspirational!! Berry fruit Saison coming up!! Honestly an awsome beer so greatfull I got a chance to sample it!!
Was that his CS beer?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service