Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Checked the grav on the Grapefruit wine I did a while back, was mainly grapefruit juice from my mates tree with a bit of honey, sugar, and like 10gms of DME, and dry enzyme...

OG was 1110, FG now is 1004, wow, 14.1%.. I had a sip, I admit I was scared cos it smelt quite funky, probably a bit of autolysis cos its been sitting on the yeast cake for a month or two now lol, but hey, it actually wasnt that bad, wierd, but not bad, really sour but in a good grapefruity way, with a warming finish, could be a good winter sipper? lol

Im actually surprised the grapefruit sugars fermented...
Sounds like it would make a good mulled wine.
Mulled wine? random, thats normally dark/red tho isnt it? This is a golden colour...
I made some mulled bourbon once or twice - that was nice!
Holy shit, that sounds awesome! I might have to give that a go, what spices did you use?
Sugar
Is that it? So just sugar and warm it on the stove and wallah, mulled bourbon?
Yeah bro - it was frickin nice. I put some angostura in one once - that was nice too. It was like a cup of sugar per litre or something like that - probably more. I just sis it one glass at a time in the microwave.
Hmmm, might have to try it eh! Got a heap of Jim Beam black that I hardly ever touch so why not ;o)
how about some gluhkriek... recommended serving temperature is 70c.

Here's somethng on the Liefman's version:
Glühkriek sounds a little funny in English, but it tastes sublime. "Glühwein" is the German word for mulled wine, literally "glow wine" for the way hot, spiced wine makes you feel. "Kriek" is Flemish for cherry, and a famous Belgian style of cherry beer. So Glühkriek is a spiced sweet-tart cherry beer designed to be served warmed in winter, like a latter-day wassail. This rare Belgian beer is undeniably quirky; in fact, few would recognize this explosively aromatic cherry bomb as beer on first sip. But it is undeniably delicious and tailor-made for banishing the chill of a solstice night. If there's a beer connoisseur on your holiday gift list, or a wine drinker who needs a taste of what beer can do, a tissue-wrapped bottle of Liefman's Glühkriek is sure to surprise and delight.
Wow.. That sounds a bit more than interesting, not really a fan of cherrys tho...
You could do it with Bourbon Porter.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service