Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wish you'd taken a photo of some of those Nerdherder faces... care to describe a few?
Not really, but I'll relate my favourite story of the day.

It was lateish, we'd had abuse heaped on us for the post-6pm one-drink-per-person restriction and I was running between battling the broken POS terminal and attempting to help Phil with a bunch of grumpy guys (and some very drunk girls - no ladies, if you're in that state, we will NOT serve you) when a ray of sunshine cut through. A guy came up, wearing a red T-shirt, and asked for a Nerdherder. I recognised him. He'd pulled a face when he tasted the Nerd before. "Is it supposed to be flat?" I think Martin had served him, and duly explained why it was so. Anyway, he seemed none too impressed, even after the explanation. I'd heard him wander off mumbling about flat beer. Anyway, he approached, and I heard him ask whoever (Sam? Alex? Beth?) was now manning the Nerd pump for a good dose of the Herdster. He said "I wasn't sure I liked this earlier, but I can't stop thinking about it and I just crave more."

That, in a nutshell, is why we SOBA types do what we do!
Awesome. I've had similar situations at Hashigo with the Nerdy. Had a guy the other night begrudgingly buy one, and cringe at the flatness. He must've got over it fast though because he drank nerdy for the rest of the night!
(and some very drunk girls - no ladies, if you're in that state, we will NOT serve you)

Isnt that just the most unattractive thing youve ever seen? ;oP

Also, ive found the flatness thing takes a bit of getting used to, but once people open their minds to it theres no going back!! I used to hate low carbonation but these days I cant really drink more than 1 glass of anything that has more than 2 volumes... Let that flavour come out, not hide behind Co2 :o)
Ha ha! That's awesome... thanks Greig. Great to hear.

Reminds me of an incident at Beervana where a guy complained about the fact that the beer was so expensive, and extra $$$ on top of the price of his ticket! Sam told him to come back in a few hours and tell us if he was or wasn't having a good time. Needless to say the next time we saw him he had the biggest grin I think I'd ever seen. An hour or so later all beer lovers were his best friends... Then soon after that he told me that he was friends with some friends of mine... a few weeks later he was around at my house homebrewing with me! Hardcore convert.
hahahaha, that story is pure gold!!
Stu, you really need to stop putting drugs in your beer..... the addiction is becoming problematic!
...Reminds me of an incident at Beervana where a guy complained about the fact that the beer was so expensive, and extra $$$ on top of the price of his ticket! ...

I was talking to my boss about Beerfest last week (typical heineken-only drinker), he made complaints about the same thing - entry fee and having to pay for beer.

But he'll happily play $20+ to get into a club/bar/concert and buy $7-8 per green bottle lager all night.

Some people just don't, and probably never will, get it.
Pffft, I felt like we hardly had to 'pay' for the beer once we got in, I mean, ranging from $2.50 to $4 for 'tasters' which are more often than not 3/4 of a glass, I personally found it a struggle to spend all the $50 beer money I had on my card!

In my mind it was extremely good value, but like ya say Glen, some people just dont get it...
Sulphur in the Bookie?

May not have been mate, was a little near the end of the day so my sober-ness and taste buds were getting a little jaded. It was something kinda harshish and thought sulphur first off. Wasn't too bad, I mean after the first few sips it kinda flashed off and wasn't present anymore.
Hopwired IPA - mmmm mmmm fantastic Soren!
I'll second that. I was just tweeting my amazement at how utterly great it is.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service