Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey guys

Allrighty then, I feel that due to all these new BIAB'ers and a few more new to traditional AG in NZ, that an inter island case swap could be the business??

Id like to organise something, so I need an idea of whos keen so I can get numbers sorted, then we can come together and work out a way that this will work... I know it seems daunting, but if the guys in aussie are doing state wide case swaps, theres not much difference in distance between say AKL and ChCh...

So come on guys, put your hands up, hopefully we get a fair bit of interest, id say we need at least 6 people?

Cheers

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I vote ESB and Wyeast 1084 Stout :o)
Okay, ESB & 1084 Stout it is! The stout won't be good until probably mid Dec; though the ESB will need to be drunken ASAP :D So I guess it all works out... *sniff* That now leaves me with only two bottles of ESB left...
Yussss, I just realised ill be able to add 1084 to my yeast bank :o) Awesome!
Lucky, youse!

I have my 4 bottles of blonde ale ready. I'd send the full 8 but I would have no homebrew left in that case. Tis surely a fate worse than death!
Don't know how good it'll be for reuse, its 2nd generation (I did the Irish Red with it first, then pitched the stout onto the yeast cake). But yeah, its up to you. It should be fine, theres no infection or anything I've noticed yet :)
Better than paying $10 AUD plus postage :o) Plus its probably not a yeast I would personally use all that much...

The Dunkelweizen im supplying has a fairly good weizen yeast recultured from Emersons if any of you are keen to get it cultured up... It made a good beer!
Oooohhh, I was wanting to do something like that this summer. Right, we're even. You have my irish ale culture, and I'll take your weizen :D What was the recipe?
2kg German Wheat
1kg Pilsner
1kg Munich
250g CaraWheat
250g Weyermann Smoked
200g Chocolate
60 : 15g Hallertau
15 : 10g Hallertau, 10g Czech Saaz

Its dark, so if you want to do a light coloured weizen youll need to get the yeast seperated from the beer and the trub putting cool boiled water on top and shaking the crap out of it, put in the fridge and the yeast falls to the bottom and the water goes murky, repeat untill the water is clear then make a stater and youre good to go...
Thanks, how sad... I'll have to get a pile of new malts to play with :D
That was BIAB also?
Two more for the yeast bank... woo hooo
Not new malts? You poor thing ;oP hahaha

And yes, I only BIAB B-)
Are we getting excited? I know I am... Not long now :o)

Who am I posting our beers to down there?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service