Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey guys

Allrighty then, I feel that due to all these new BIAB'ers and a few more new to traditional AG in NZ, that an inter island case swap could be the business??

Id like to organise something, so I need an idea of whos keen so I can get numbers sorted, then we can come together and work out a way that this will work... I know it seems daunting, but if the guys in aussie are doing state wide case swaps, theres not much difference in distance between say AKL and ChCh...

So come on guys, put your hands up, hopefully we get a fair bit of interest, id say we need at least 6 people?

Cheers

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had to rehydrate and pitch another lot of yeast tonight. The temperature in the garage fell dramatically over the last day, so I had to fix up a heater box on my spare temperature controller. Hopefully tomorrow she will be sitting at 18C to ferment out in 7 - 10 days.

That means the brew will be bottled, but will not be mature by the case swap.

On a side note the wort was a little sweet...
Thats all good mate, im happy to wait a few weeks before tasting it :o)
Got my 4 bottles filled last night, sitting in the fridge. Hope they keep well. Had to fill them as soon as, because in a weeks time there won't be any left. burp.
Good man! I thought beer goes flat if you fill it from a keg? Do you have a special set up?
nah, thats how I bottle all my beer these days. competition entries etc. beer is carbonated fine, the only thing you have to worry about is sanitisation and oxidation.
Sanitisation appears to be sweet as if you keep the beer cold, I suspect that if the beer gets warm it kicks off any bugs and spoils - opinion based on my dismal showing at the nhc this year... I had bottles of the same beers kept in my fridge to sample at time of judging and they were perfectly good.
Have you had that happen to your kegs? One of my kegs was taken out of the fridge and has been at garage temp for about 3 weeks... found it last night when trying to rescue my APA.
Wicked, that must make it easier than bottling from the fermenter..
it's easier and better - you can lie them over in the fridge and transport them with no worries - no sediment! I'll often fill a couple of riggers to take to a party.
James, nah haven't had that happen to a keg, my kegs are always kept cold. I assume the same thing would apply, but you'd have to be either very unlucky or very unsanitary. Good clean practices should see you right.
Can one of you guys in ChCh delegate yourself as a postage point for the swap and PM me your adress?

Cheers
Urm, how many bottles are we sending again?

I propose that we get together to build up the boxes, I don't mind organising the postage but I've got nowhere to get them sent to.
Um, if youre doing two batches, 8 bottles, or 4 bottles if youre doing one batch... I labelled my bottles yesterday with some tape and a permanent marker :o)

I assumed the plan was to meet up on the 22nd and compile a box together and post it off at once? Will be way cheaper than posting multiple boxes...

So me and Barry will meet up next weekend, put all our bottles in a box, and post em down to one of you guys, you guys do the same, then we meet up again to pick up our beers...?? So whoevers keen to organise postage on your end, ill PM you my adress and you can do the same..

Sound good? Am I getting this right? lol
We need to decide the number of bottles....
I have access to two batches in 750ml plastic bottles, only one being an all grain Pale Ale (ish)(which needs time to mature) and the other an extract based Lager.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service