Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I know but I am here there and everywhere this week & weekend and won't be home much till Sunday (brewday) so don't want to rely on a courier. Would rather pick it up myself on my travels.
Get some from health 2000 or something like that. All those health shops in the "mall" stock that stuff.
Yeah I will check out a couple of those places before subbing for oats, cheers.
Not sure who your local is, but try Mike at Brewers Coop - if he has it, it'll be easier/quicker than getting it sent from elsewhere.
Yeah, that is my local - he doesn't stock it as it doesn't move fast enough; fair enough.
Patrick, this is my kinda 'Dry Stout':

6.50 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 84.42 %
0.40 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 5.19 %
0.30 kg Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 3.90 %
0.30 kg Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 3.90 %
0.20 kg Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 2.60 %
42.00 gm Centennial [10.00 %] (60 min) Hops 36.0 IBU
40.00 gm Williamette [5.50 %] (15 min) Hops 9.4 IBU
58.00 gm Centennial [10.00 %] (15 min) Hops 24.7 IBU
61.00 gm Williamette [5.50 %] (2 min) Hops 2.4 IBU
55.00 gm Centennial [10.00 %] (Dry Hop 3 days)
2 Pkgs US-05 (Safale) Yeast-Ale

Probably needs more hops though.
I thought I'd seen someone make a recommendation of the ratio of cascade and motueka (maybe riwaka ?) to use as late or flame out hops ?

I've brewed a Cascade & Mot combo and while I'm enjoying it, there's something needs tweaking
It wasn't me that made that comment jt. What was your hopping schedule? And what is it that you think isn't quite right?

I was very happy with the hopping in my summer ale (B-Sharp). The hopping was basically 1g/L each of Styrian & Riwaka at 15, 10, 0 & Dry with Pacific Jade at 60min to hit my target IBUs (OG 1.040). I would happily brew that again with the same hopping schedule.
It's just a little raw edged Mr C, maybe needs to be a bit more refined - if you know what I mean
And what is it that you think isn't quite right?

Just conditioning time. I'm happier with this now it's had some cold tank time.
It's lost the raw unrefined edges and by my usual one hop standards is positively sophisticated (well I'm enjoying drinking it anyway) and I'll brew it again in a forthnight
anyone ever tried a munich/sauvin smash? is it worth a go?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service