Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Whats a good base malt to go for? What are your experiances with various base malts?

Ive used Global Pilsner, Maris Otter, ADM Pils, and Golden Promise... Out of all these, I keep coming back to Golden promise cos its so yummy!

Ive just run out of base malt and was looking at getting another sack, im fond of maris but its a bit grunty for some of the things that I brew, so again I was leaning towards golden promise...

But then I was looking at Liberty brewing, and saw that as well as the above, they have Bairds Pearl malt? Has anyone tried this? Thoughts???

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Malturop is what I'm using in all my 'American' beers at the moment.

Is working well in my pale ales, is lacking through the middle in a porter I'm drinking though.
+1 for Golden Promise, love that malt!! Will be getting myself another sack in time for my summer brewing!

I liked the pearl, but not as much as GP tbh
I love Golden Promise as well.
I've found it to be a very versatile malt, working well in UK and USA and other style of beers.

I wanted to buy a sack of it recently, and unfortunately my supplier was out of stock. He subbed it with a sack of Maris Otter floor malted, so it looks like I'll be brewing a few UK ales.
Ive also had some good results with Maris in American beers allthough other times ive had poor results with it, I personally find it to be quite a hard malt to work with but when you crack a recipe and brew it well it comes out awesome!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service