Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rev - On schedule to be kegged next week and then available from Beer NZ. Hopefully on tap round the country shortly thereafter.

Mike - its a cream ale, so really a very very pale ale. 4.5%ish. Columbus for the bittering and simcoe for flavour and aroma. Nathan and I will be trying our first sample (unfiltered and un carb'd) tomorrow - its meant to be tasting great.
Dude up the IBUs and SG by ten-twenty points and brew it for the WBC Imperial Nice!!
Good idea! But I'm seeing that as a good excuse to do a maiden Russian Imperial.
hmm..... Russian Imperial my fav!!!!!!!!
Starter of WY1968 is ready, and this is on the schedule for this weekend:

MILD - 23 litres

3000.00 gm Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (5.9 EBC) Grain 83.33 %
200.00 gm Crystal Malt - 60L (Thomas Fawcett) (118.2 EBC) Grain 5.56 %
200.00 gm Crystal Medium (145.0 EBC) Grain 5.56 %
100.00 gm Carafa Special T2 (1150.0 EBC) Grain 2.78 %
100.00 gm Wheat Malt, Dark (Weyermann) (13.8 EBC) Grain 2.78 %
14.00 gm EK Goldings [4.30 %] (60 min) Hops 6.2 IBU
25.00 gm Northern Brewer [6.60 %] (60 min) Hops 18.4 IBU
1 Pkgs London ESB Ale (Wyeast Labs #1968) [Starter 125 ml] Yeast-Ale

Estimated Original Gravity: 1.037 SG
Estimated Final Gravity: 1.011 SG

Mash at 68ºC
Looks good Warra. I hope you have fermentation temp control over there, it must be stinking hot where you are.
Thanks Mr Cherry,

I have a TempMate on my fermentation fridge, so no problem with temperature control.

It's not so much the heat which is our problem this summer, the humidity is hovering around 80% every day, and it's driving me nuts. I play golf twice a week, and half way down the first fairway I'm lathered in sweat already.

My sister and brother-in-law live in Martinborough, and play golf there. Must have a game there next time we're across the ditch.
Its humid as in Auckland at the moment too!! Crazy stuff..

Do you get much of a coffee note from the carafa warra? I notice thats the only dark malt youve got in there, it looks quite tasty!!
No, I'm not after coffee. The carafa is there for some colour.
I used 80 gr in my last dunkelweizen, and it has no coffee notes.
Masho !

Very predictable, it's time to do the Mild again. Just mashed in the standard recipe
Dare you to double the hops ;-)
OK, what I didn;'t say was that it's a New Zealand Mild - I have Super Alpha at 15 minutes.
It's a prototype Imperial New Zealand Mild and I'm working my way upto it ... may take some time and miss the WBC at the rate I go though

I put the SA in because I really liked them in the NZ Hops Irish Red that I used to extract brew http://www.nzhops.co.nz/recipes/irishred.html but admitedly I did brew to about 25 to 28 IBU instead of the 19 as per the recipe - more Super zzzingg

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service