Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should have kept this a secret Stu ?
10% roasty and 2% wheaty?

[smacktalk] Prolly just a Jamil recipe... [/smacktalk]
Oh I get it Stu, nice. I am especially fond of To bring you my love, but that is not probably a stout title. I once saw her play live, grown men were weeping.
saw her on the white chalk tour - but I wanted her to pick up an axe and chop some
Fluglebinder New Zealand ordinary bitter. CS4 rebrew with altered hop bill.
3.2 Maris (actually 2 Maris and 1.2 Golden Promise, damn you Martin Bridges)
.2 munich
.2 dark crystal
50gm cara aroma

Southern Cross for bittering, Pacifica for flavour and aroma with a spattering of Riwaka
s-diddly S ZERO FOUR
S ZERO FOUR

Y'know Barry, the more people hate this yeast, the more I want to champion it (even though I find it's not good for too much, I know others do)

cheers and go the O
Ah yes, I meant to mention about me getting the last sack of Maris. Again. Er, sorry.
Barry - Keen to swap some Maris Otter for some Golden Promise?

I have about 15kgs of Maris and ive just decided that I dont really like it that much for the beers I brew... Definately a great malt for english ales, but thats something I do once in a blue moon...
Happy to swap if you really don't want it. I'm more than happy with Golden Promise though, I'll just do a run of pale/summery ales.
I can just see me struggling to get through it all, im allready craving some Golden Promise again ;o)

Ill be in touch...
Hey guys, going to have my first try using Wyeast 1968. Says it's not as hungry as 1056 so for an APA should I still mash at 67C or go down to 66C? Thanks
for an APA... I wouldn't use 1968
you could still use it for a hoppy pale ale but it won't be as clean, or hop forward, as an "APA"... 66c woud be better than 67c. You could even go 65c.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service