Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

everyone should drink it...
Hallertau - nuff said!

Well, not really :oP lol - Went to Hallertau last night for birthday dinner and drinks, man, I love that place, I never walk away unsatisfied by both good drink and awesome food!

Started out with the Golden Rye ale - at first I couldnt discern much rye character but as it warmed up it came out to play, spicy, and an almost fruity character which I wasnt sure if it was the yeast or the rye or both, and there was something about it that reminded me of the Perri flavours?? Very refreshing and a good drop all round!!

Moved on to my favourite - Statesman - Man this is on form at the moment, fresh as, american hopped, bitter and with a citrus resinous zing at the finish, yummy! My dad did complain about this one tho, as he had the tasting paddle and mentioned how bland and flavourless the copper tart was following it :o) haha

Then when my dad finished the paddle (the wheat beer was his favourite - much to my disgust), we walked over to the beer fridge to see what fine NZ craft beer Hallertau had on offer, and thats when I saw them - 4 bottles of Epic Armageddon! I had to try it, and I made my old man get one too, I was curious what it would taste like after a while in the bottle, and I was NOT dissapointed, at first I was fooled into thinking the hop aroma had died a little (steve your fridge is too cold!) but once it warmed up I was dominated by juicy pine sap and resinous citrus! BIG hop flavours and a balanced malt sweet finish - yum!! I got a bottle to take home as well, so there was only one left! Good work Luke!
Happy birthday bro!
Yeah Happy Birthday Rev!
Cheers guys :o)
Finally, Yeastie Boys HM :o) Yum!!

Even before I poured the glass I could smell tropical fruit and spice, lovely malt flavours and such a firm in your face bitterness at the finish!! A damn fine use of NZ hops Stu! Good work!
Happy birthday.
And thanks. Every single person who enjoys it makes us happy... I think it can be improved too, if only we can find a spot in the schedule....
PKB (Remixed) of course... I was lucky enough to get the first pint at The Malthouse, and catch up with a few good men (and a woman) at the same time, but the dirty buggers at Bar Edward were actually drinking it the night before - straight off the truck and onto the beer engine.
Drinks with Crabbey last night...3 Boys Golden, perfect for the summer eve, PKB from the hand pump at Hashigo...Stu, I miss the dominant hops...Golden Ticket at Bar Ed where it was fun to introduce Crabbey as the brewer!! Wig and Pen kolsch - just a sip and a share - probably a bit late in the evening to have it and not enough of it to really comment on. A sip of utopias, some 3 Boys Porter and Cathy's homebrewed stout. They have jugs at Bar Ed at the moment. A bargain but they make you drink more than a pint!!
the hops will come through Steph, don't worry about that. report back in a few weeks.
have you retired the PKB Steph?
I prefer it off tap but David Wood argues it's better on handpump (he might be biased given that's the only way they were serving it at Hashigo ;-).
Hydro sample before bottling of the Black Francis Mk 3.
Loving the single hopping with Columbus right now. Zesty and spicy all at once.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service