Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

loved that "Jack and Ken's Ale"... tasted exactly like an Imperial (hoppy) Porter I brewed a couple of years ago and shared with a bunch of harsh critics on a sunny day outside The Twisted Hop. 

Dropped into Galbraith's last night.

Missed out on the Hop Rod Rye, but did managed to get the first pint or two of the Idiot IIPA from Coronado Brewing.  Great beer.  So damn fresh, great beer.

Knocked off three of James P's beers this weekend.  2 x NZPA and 1 x APA (as I type).   Three great summer drinkers and all excellently brewed.  Another reminder of the high quality beer being brewed around the country by homebrewers.

Cheers James and cheers to everyone else drinking quality, homemade, handcrafted ales on a beautiful NZ summers day.

need a like button.

I had a fantastic week of drinking last week. Great beer, great home brew - GREAT company.

Amongst others... had the following (in no particular order):

Wednesday:

Mike Neilson: Mild - 3.5% and too quaffable.

Liberty: American Landlord - only 7 days old at this point... nice yeast.

Liberty / Mike colab: MMMMoMMft4CHv2 - INSANE beer. Huge hops, massive dark fruits. Too bitter too acidic... needs an adjustment in the recipe.

Liberty: Never go Back RIS - too drinkable for an 11% beer. Recipe is spot on, will rebrew with 1469.

Mike: Siberian Stout - Too drinkable for an 18% Ice RIS

Tuatara: APA - shit this beer is bitter.

Thursday starting 11am:

Mike: Mild - perfect breakfast beer on the hand pump. Had 2 pints

Liberty: American Landlord - too drinkable for 1pm... 8 days old... nice malt.

Golden Eagle: South Island Pale Ale - Huge bitterness, backed up with some malt. Nice 28 degree Ale.

Golden Eagle: Coalface stout - nice roast characters, good bitter balance.

Golden Eagle: AAA - great hop presence with nice malt backbone (I hate that term for malt: backbone)

Golden Eagle: AR3 - Another clean beer. Good work Dave.

Tuatara: Pilsner - very refreshing, some a authentic "Pilsner" characteristics.

Liberty: White Ale - Could brew this again, nice esters... good spices. Well balanced. Too drinkable.

Liberty: Amarillo West Coast Blonde - pretty bland compared to the American Landlord.

Memory is starting to get hazy from this point.

Friday:

Green Flash: 30th Street Pale Ale - lovely beer. Typical firm bitterness that I love.

Liberty: American Landlord - a bit pissy compared to 30th street.

Balast Point: Scaulpin IPA - really wish I had it from the tap, but the bottle was fresh and rather delicious. One of the best IPAs I have ever had.

Townshend: Cathcarts - there was a good beer in there I'm sure. I got the last pull from the bag, so was a bit yeasty.

Twisted Hop: IPA - Still not the same as I remember it when I first had it 2 years ago. The Chinook and Cascade Pine resin has disappeared from the beer. Still a quaffable IPA nonetheless.

Coronado: Idiot IPA - not bad... but too sweet. Cant complain though.

Emersons: 1812 IPA - not my cup of tea. Too fat for the day and the malt flavours were confusing me.

Emersons: Tally Ho - again... couldn't finish this. Too fat for the 30 degree heat.

Tuatara: Pale Ale (hand pump) - refreshing and delish. Not as bitter as the carbonated edition and better for it. Damn drinkable.

Croucher: Pale Ale - massive biscutty malt and very estery. I was starting to get full at this time.

Pink Elephant: Pinks Peculiar: is that a natural sourness? I reckon so.... very sour. Quite different.

Thats about it - what a massive week. Good times bumping into Stu... managed to iron out some technical difficulties for our next collaboration. Llew - what a hardcase. Rob Owen - sorry we couldn't catch up at the Hop Garden... bed awaited me! Dave - keep up the hard work! I'm pretty sure I covered everything, but can't guarantee... things got a bit messy.

Cheers!

Emerson's WeissBier and Tuatara Hefe side-by-side for me tonight.  

The Emerson's WeissBier gushed on me and what is left of it continues to climb out of my glass as I type, hopefully the Weizenbock will cheer me up tomorrow.  

Tuatara Hefe is once again a consistently good Hefe.  Good on ya Tuatara.

Had a Rothaus Mäzen earlier, just having an IPA homebrew now...  Should have had them the other way around, as the IPA is such a step down taste wise.
Starting off with a Gisborne Gold tonight.  What a great little, nicely balanced, beer this is.  Well done Sunshine Brewery, I'll definitely be looking out for more of this beer.
Sh*t, hope all of our fellow brewers in chch are ok :( my heart goes out to all of you!
My heart bloody sinks when I see that coverage .. I hope we hear something good from the Christchurch guys sometime

Yep - I've lost my appetite for a brew tonight after seeing the news.

Hoping for the best for all folk in ChCh.

I felt so ill i had to turn off the tele , Me and my families prayers are with you all in CHCH

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service