Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, I'm going to do it, but maybe not quite yet. And there was talk about an Imperial Coopers. I know Mr Cherry's keen too, yes ?

I thought it might be handy to string this together in one place.

Now I'm not going to brew until the weather cools a bit, I'm getting 20C + in the garage right now and I wouldn't want to do that to my Coopers kit would I ?

First questions first though, Draught or Lager ?
Next up, what to add to it.
Not sugar, no. maybe dextrose, maybe LME, or maybe just a kg of pale mashed ?

Views: 1486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One lager kit with two coopers yeast packs and one draught kit with US-05?
Too many options !
And if it doesnt have a cider taste I will drink a bottle of mangatainokas finest!!!!

You won't even know, after all this you're not getting anywhere near a bottle of it ....
Chris - I'd be interested to know whether you think Coopers Pale Ale (or sparkling) is cidery. Have you tried one recently?

I can see how the fruity Coopers yeast esters could be perceived as cidery.
Its been a while actually the last one I had did have a little of that estery fruity cant say I enjoyed it that much
I certainly wouldnt call it a pale ale but maybe thats just me?

One thing im very keen to try is the coopers stout in bottles apparantly its very good?
Man honestly what up with all the Coopers chat? its like 4 pages long!! What am I missing?
Did you brew Coopers kit & kilo beers in the late 80's during the initial homebrew bubble. Coopers Lager was the first beer I ever made and I can still remember exactly what it tasted like. It's all about the memories Mike.

1987 in a glass!!!
1987? I was 5 well 6 in December I cant remember them giving us Coopers beer in New Entrants class. All I know is that I brewed 2 kit beers in a week, bottled them waited for them to carb, drunk half of one and gave the other 59 bottles away, than I found out how to full mash!!
Part of me sometimes wonders how good I could brew a simple kit beer knowing what I know now.

Anyone else keen to put their kit brewing skills to the test?
It's not knowing what I know now it's what you thought you knew that was dangerous
Hey i'll jump in here.

Just got my brother in law into brewing and started off with kits.
Black rock pale ale with a beer enhancer as the fill in.
US-05 fermented at 18 in a fridge.

And out of the fermenter whilst cold conditioning I can gladly say that by comparison to a tui for example it is better.

Only wish I knew this when I made my first beer kits
cold conditioning 1987

Could you have comprehended cold conditioning in 1987 Mr Cherry, I know I wouldn't have.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service