Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Christian
I do a similar thing with a (modified) reccipe I found on macs website
Mochachino Stout (no boil)
2 Macs Oatmeal Stout Kits
125g Whittakers Dark Mocha Chocolate 62%
4 double shots fresh coffee
Into 21l with kit yeast
If that helps quantity wise? Ive never had any problems with adding chocolate.
Converting AG recipies to mini-mash - is this something that can be done universally, or does it only suit particular brews? I am wondering in particular about brewing a dry stout (Guiness clone), the book I have does not list an extract based alternative recipie for this one, only the AG version. It is pale malt, flaked barley and roasted barley, I was wondering (after inspiration from Joking and his suggestion for the Yakima Monster mini mash) about mini-mashing the flaked and roasted barleys wisth some pale malt and substituting LME or DME for the rest of the pale malt. Would this work, or would it turn out to be a waste of fermenter space?
I have the book clone beers at home and i know it has a guiness mini mash clone. I'll post later for you.
Dale, if you don't mind can you see if Carlsburg is in there too?
Hey James, No Cals but have attached whats in the book
Attachments:
Thanks for looking Dale, there are some interesting recipes in there!
Thanks for that! Taking off for a week so will study it on my return - hopefully the Y. Monster I just put in the fermenter will have had a lot of action by then too!
Here it is Nick
Attachments:
What's the name of that book Dale?
Clone Brews by Tess and Mark Szamatulski got it from Dunedin Malt House
Thanks Dale,

Have printed it off and will spend the next week planning the brew!
I did a dry stout as a partial a few years back. I was put off initially by comments I'd read that you'd never get an extract beer to attenuate properly for a good dry stout.
From memory it was 800 flaked barley, 400 roast barley and 1.2kg pale. I did it as a no sparge mash, found the blurb about it on the Blue Mountain Brewshop web site http://www.absolutehomebrew.com.au and thought it would be ok. Used W1275. From memory it was ok, but I drank far too much of it before it got a chance to mature properly. I did a couple of these no sparge mashes but never perfected the technique and went back to a small steep & boil

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service