Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi folk,
I know this one has been covered a couple of times one way or the other, but we are setting off on Monday for a tikie tour: Wairarapa to Napier / Rotorua / Coromandel Peninsula / Auckland / Wellington-Paramata side. Now, if time permits a visit to one pub in each place, I'd love to hear opinions on what NOT to miss! There was mention recently of a nice wee pup in Rotorua. The accent for me would be firstly (and obviously) good ale on tap and secondly cosy atmosphere and friendly staff.
By the way, someone recently (might have been Graeme Mahe in fact) mentioned a nice little pub in Redwoodtown, near Blenheim. Well, we finally found it - called Old Bank - and what a treat it is. ONLY good beer on tap and no generic slop to be seem. Good pub tucker and not expensive at that. We'll give the other place mentioned in Blenheim (Scotch mentioned by Jash Scott) a go too.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In Auckland: Galbraiths Alehouse and Hallertau are the must-see places.

The pub in Rotovegas is UNDERGROUND and apparently is well worth a visit.
If you stop through New Plymouth - you can check out my kitchen / pub if you like. I'm away from from the 26th 'till the 29th though.
Hashigo Zake, Bar Edward or Malthouse when you're in Welly.
Thanks Martin and David, that's just what I wanted. Joking, that's a really kind offer and I'd LOVE to catch up with you. Sadly on this particular jaunt we are having just one stop between Auckland and Welly, Taumauranui, to see friends (yes, people live there). I really hope that invitation will stand in future though. Didn't realise you were in New Plymouth. It's just one of those places we've never been and we're always being told we should!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service