Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

There was a comment on a different thread about wind disrupting the flame from a 3 ring burner.

I had all sorts of problems, so I had this knocked up out of galvanised steel. Last night my boiler brought 27 litres to a boil in about 30 minutes, so I'm now a happy chappy.

It's about 400mm high, and the only air vents are where I've cut it around the burner arm and ball valve.

It's very tight around the boiler, so virtually no heat will escape up the sides. The 2nd picture shows how the steel is folded back on itself to hold it together as it naturally wants to straighten itself.

Views: 104

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got mine from Mitre10 Mega, have seen a few around but maybe they're easier to find in AK?

Thanks for the info Chris.
Yes, well I also wanted to trap the heat in as well as keep the wind out, so making sure it's tight around the boiler and bringing it 2/3 of the way up creates a funnel. It ain't pretty but it's bloody effective
Nice, at present I am using some foil wrapped around the kettle. I think I have the same 3 ring burner from Bunnings? I find the flame to be very inconsistent, does anyone else have that problem?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service