Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

It was with great regret that I couldn't make it to Beervana... or the Beer Awards for that matter. In my real life, I maintain a high responsibility position and had some very high priority (for my customers) meetings and duties. Bad timing really - I had a massive import, several customer meetings, now today - a massive export.

Such is life.

Anyhow... it seems from where I'm sitting that this year has been quite easily the best Beervana year to date. I have been following with great interest the twitter streams... and facebook updates too.

While I'm at it - congrats to Soren for taking out champion brewery of 2011 - what a dream right? So so so so much the best result anyone could ever ask for aye: a cutting adge craft brewery taking honours over all the big boys. Awesome stuff!

Anyhow... feel free to comment on what you liked best at beervana or whatever you like... Don;t rub it in too hard that I don't get to be there though.

Cheers!

Joe.

Views: 2363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And you were so right. However, people wouldn't stop ordering it! Some punters wouldn't leave until we'd put the keg on...
Sounds like I'm glad I didn't wait around. My twitchy compulsive nature really wanted to tick it off though...
Ouch! :)

Cheers to everyone who came past and said Hi. It's awesome to see RSB feature in some of those highlight lists.

My picks would be

Townshend JCIPA

Cassels Milk and Honey Milk Stout

8 Wired The Sultan

Yeastie Boys Rex Attitude

and (and this is probibly terribly poor form) RSB . I was very happy with RSB this year and it was increadibly satisfying to see punters coming back for second serves. I could happily drink it all night. 

I thought this years event was very successful despite my earlyer reservations about the venue. The high standard of food really  made the event and for me excused the concrete bunker venue. I have probibly had my years allocation of oysters!

Is there any RSB left?
One of only three beers I had a full measure of. Well done Kieran. Loved it.
Yes although it has taken a temporary rest from the fyo.

Good to get a few mentions on here... and twitter... and all that.

The good news is that as a result of the response, we're gonna make C!tra a permanent beer on the lineup. And when I say permanent... I mean - for as long as we can brew it. The next 18 months is going to be very interesting. Beers using the popular American hops are going to have less of a showing in New Zealand during this time period. Not a bad thing by any stratch of the imagination for tyre kickers like me... Makes it tricky to supply to home brewers though.

Should have some new NZ varieties popping up on the website soon. Loved the RSB too - a smart beer to be making when hops are so hard to get.... having said that - It is outstanding in it's own right... regardless of hop availability - these sorts of beers need to be more present in the market. An overlooked style in NZ.

Had an amazing time for my first b'vana. Huge thanks to Steph for her amazing work with the volunteers! You are a star! We are already making plans to go back next year!

On a slight aside, does anyone have contact info for the guys at Parrot dog? They don't seem to have web presence.

Matt's about here somewhere, otherwise I'm sure I've seen mention on Facebook

Priceless. Love your work.

Dominic

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service