Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will do martin - I'll keep a list of interested and keep you up to date.
yeah, I saw it there and tried to talk Mike into giving it to me! He wouldn't budge so I had to get some ADM NZ Pale/pils. Be an interesting experiment - sharp pricing!! $52 for a 25kg sack. Thats good buying, presuming it's any good.
He's virtually giving it away at that price.
Really wanted to get in on this comp but didn't get fermentation temp control in time :-(
No worriess - I'm sure the next one will be an ale. If I lose - I'll be selecting the finest style ever invented. USIPA.
TWISTED HOP IPA!
That's because you've got enough hops to make a freakin' hop-wine :-P

(...that would be so awesome if hops had significant levels of fermentables, imagine the possibilities...)
Distilled dry-hopped Epic anyone????
I can see and Christchurch/SI competition starting up now as a prelude to the SOBA nationals! :)

Maybe a weekend you are down for a management meeting Joking... or Stu could get on his treadley....
It would be an honour and a privilage!
I haven't brewed this yet but Iwant to get a bit of feedback before I do. I'm looking at brewing a SMaSH recipe which will hopefully come out similar to Timothy Taylor's Landlord. Hence the name - 'Electric Landlord'.

So far I have:
3.9kg Golden Promise
30g NZ Styrians @ 60 min
20g NZ Styrians @ 30 mins
20g NZ Styrians @ 15 mins
20g NZ Styrians @ flameout
20g NZ Styrians dry-hopped in secondary
Wyeast 1469PC West Yorkshire Ale

BeerSmith is telling me that this will give me an OG of 1.043 and 40 IBUs for a 20 litre batch.

I'm not 100% sure on the hop profile though. As it stands it gives me about 50% of the IBUs from the bittering addition, with the rest spread over the last half hour. I'm looking for a really good balance of malt and hop, with neither really dominating.

Any thoughts?
FWIW Wheeler's Landlord recipe has 35 IBUs

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service