Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Founders "God Knows Best Bitter" very subtle hops creep up on you I keep doing little hop burps yum
Maybe God does know best! Praise the lord!
Halle(rtau)lujah brother Chris
Halle(rtau)lujah Amen to that brother jt!
Had a BKP last night with Dad. It's going down real well at the moment, even Dad was having second helpings which is a rarity!

I've marked a bottle to take to the WBC too. Share the hoppy love :D
I was totally selfish, had the whole 1.25L all to myself.

I did share the first with my brother, he was sharing his His Majesty, good trade I thought

Do you want a 1.25 L for the WBC ?
One bottle should be fine unless there's more interest from others wanting to try?
Today, some Three Boys IPA - tasting nice, maybe a touch malt driven for an IPA IMO but delicious followed by some more Emersons Brewers Reserve Hop Harvest which I am really enjoying. Marmalade notes with a resinous mouth feel and a solid malt backbone with a sessionable quality that belies the fact its 5.3%.

Followed up at home with a Coopers Pale Ale which was underwhelming and watery but a useful 750ml bottle for further use and only $4.95 so can't complain. Last of the house only Summer Babe (Autumn) to finish which will be brewed again in the coming months to make a Summer Babe (Winter Version). All in all in a rather choice Sunday afternoon/evening drinking.
Summer Babe (Autumn) Summer Babe (Winter Version).

is it too early to contemplate Summer Babe (Spring Version)
Never to early to think about Spring imo.

That'll be the all Amarillo version I think...
Had my first taste of the finished WnBC Russian Imperial Stout last night. It's one roasty mother trucker! Huge roasted, dark coffee with quite an intense bitterness. The molasses shone through too after using only about 1/2 cup making it quite rich and complex. I think I can safely pop a few bottles away in the cellar and forget about them for a while, I'm really interested in how it'll age. ABV is only 7% so it's just missing that warming factor though (it's possibly there but likely hidden amongst the roastiness)
Having a big guns nights tonight;

Sorens Imperial Stout Dry Hoped With Coffee
Mr Cherrys Big Red Barleywine
My Siberian Stout
MMMMft4CH

This calls for a HUGE Clint Brown Boyaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
Maybee I enter my Imperial Imperial Russian Stout?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service