Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isn't Epic IN Auckland?!

Start knocking the brewery door down, there's bound to be a barrel hiding in there somewhere ;-)
Yes they (he?) is in Auckland. He needs constant reminding of that fact though, none of us are quite as persuasive as Colin the mad scotchman. See what I did there?
That'll be a plus one for the Scots from the Malthouse there Barry. Cheers mate!!! awesome work on the campaign
You Auckland guys are getting JZ, just leave the oak aged Epic for the rest of us, eh!
will trade JZ for The Malthouse.....
A bottle of my oatmeal stout, then two bottles of my first IPA. In hindsight, 1 bottle of the IPA was probably enough. It is delicious, but I just tried to play some guitar and it took me about 10 minutes to realise that it was in drop D tuning.
How did you Stout turn out in the end Patrick?
Not bad. Certainly drinkable; main problem was, I ordered .65kg of roast barley thinking I would be able to source 1.3kg of flaked barley, making the roast barley 10% of the malt bill. In the end (unable to find flaked barley) I instead used 500g of rolled oats, cooked then added to the mash, The gravity was good, 1050 I think, but it is a bit too roasty and dry tasting (even though it finishd at 1012 with US05). I think next time a little less roast, some wheat for head retention, and a good whack of crystal to retain a bit of sweetness will be nice. Maybe sub out 500g of the base for some smoked malt too. Doing a munich/amarillo smash next, will try a modded stout after that.
I just tried to play some guitar and it took me about 10 minutes to realise that it was in drop D tuning.
Classic! That catches me out all the time too.
I just spent all day painting the outside of an extension on to my house. Some Styrian Golding Pale Ale and a Coopers Sparkling ale have almost sent me to sleep after being in the sun. Just listened to Tom Waits's Blue Valentine and M83 Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts. Amazing, if you're into that sort of thing.... I just needed an antidote to the builder playing "the rock" all day.

About to trial my WBC open Imperial entry.
Hydro sample of my American Ale... fruit.... not much body.... bugger I was hoping for more...

Time for the IPA receipe methinks.. just need to mash it a lot higher to get some body in there.
just need to mash it a lot higher to get some body in there.

Don't people just add 10% carapils in for that ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service