Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

As previously discussed the August meeting for Auckland-area SOBA members will be held at Hallertau. Exact format is to be confirmed, but I'm hopeful that as well as tasting the Hallertau house brews we might also be able to taste at least one of the West Coast IPA challenge beers and/or the NHC-winning Bock. I'll also try to arrange a chat from Steve the brewer.

As usual the meeting will be held on the second Saturday of the month at 2pm, so that's 2pm on Saturday 9th August.

Since Hallertau is a little more difficult to get to it makes sense to try and co-ordinate transport options. We also need to have a pretty accurate idea of number of attendees. So if you're planning to come along could you please respond (either here or by email to me (martin dot bridges at gmail dot com)) to let me know:
- if you'll be coming
- whereabouts you'll be coming from
- if you need or can offer transport

Depending on the numbers and locations we might be able to organise a bus.

Cheers,

Martin

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thirded. I'm just waiting for him to build some accommodation so I can never leave.
Totally agree. It was a wonderful afternoon of beer tasting, talk and information. It was great to see such a good turn out, Steve deserves our full support.

Some of us spoke about a You Tube entry, about all grain brewing, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIGrsGPVA_Y

there are 8 videos in total. I have uploaded them to my hard drive and use VLC player to play them. You can download VLC player here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

it's a great little media player, that will play almost all files, without any problem.

This Chris Knight series is the easiest to follow and understand, without being too over the top, like some of these American all grain systems, can be. It helped me understand All grain brewing a little better and take some of the mystery out of it. Check it out, if you are looking to make the leap into all grain brewing, it may help.

Cheers, hau rein.
I too have watched these, downloaded then and converted them to AVI for a friend. Excellent resource if you are a monkey see monkey do type of person like me!
Sounds like a top day.

Here here on the calls to support Steve.
I was in Auckland last year and Steve took a couple hours out of his day off to show me around, let me taste the beers, talk about the trials and tribulations of a start up and to talk beer in general.

I'll always get out there when I have a half chance.
Yes, let me know if you are up this way Stu, I am always looking for another excuse to get out there (not that I need one), and it is not too far out of my way. I'de love to take you up there sometime

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service