Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Made a clone of Maple Wheat last night. In hindsight, maybe should have done the mini-mash version cuz I think it came out too expensive. As things usually go when you drink and brew... I had a boilover in a pot that was too small, pitched yeast when it was too hot, and later could'nt find a spot warm enough in the house for the ferment.
Anyway, here's a couple questions:
1. Is there any place in NZ that sells DME in bulk size?
2. When all ingredients are tossed into boiling water, does the clock start at that point or when it comes back up to a boil again.
Thanks!

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What size starter do you get from 200 grams Glen?

Speaking of starters ive changed my use of 2 litre starters in lagers, it works, but in most yeasts seems very slow, like 2-3 weeks to full attenuation, with an all malt starter on a stir plate.
Im going to use no less than a 4 litre starter minimum for 25 L of lager, ferment right out, decant and pitch, downside to getting a good pitching rate, lots of wort required and multiple step ups, or even better use a portion of a freshly racked lager, yeast slurry, its no different to a starter just bigger, got to get the timing right though.
1.5L starter equals roughly 1.040, or 2L = 1.030, so both within the recommended starter range. Anything under 1.5L I just use DME.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service