Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Where to buy cheap 1.5 or 2L plastic "rigger" bottles - Chch

Anyone know where to find 1.5 or 2 L plastic bottles suitable to use as riggers for a good price? I am in Chch. 

Now that I run a keg system the easiest way to take beer places is to fill the plastic riggers and it would be good to have a stash of a few!

I still did not find myself a decent glass rigger or growler yet. I must go see if the Carlton bottle store got more of those growlers back in yet!

Views: 1179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Slightly off topic, but how are you filling the riggers?

Have you tried Harrington's to see of they will sell some?

Hey Dene, I find they fill fine from the tap (I have kegs, CO2 and beer taps). I did try and rig up a long tube like the rigger fillers at Harringtons but it seems to work fine without it. 

If I am filling a few bottles or riggers at a time I have a blichmann beer gun that I use, but if it is just a plastic rigger for consumption that evening or next day then straight from the tap seems to works great. 

I have not asked Harringtons. What do they charge per bottle when you are filling there?

Sorry, not sure of the cost - has been 18 months since I lived in Christchurch so can't remember. Only ever got full ones from them!

I may know of some glass flagons that I was offered a while ago if your interested? will check and see if he still has them if your keen

Hi Hamish, could be keen if they will hold carbonated beer ok.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service